Ginger Lily Oil
Botanical Name: Hedychium Spicatum
Common Method Of Extraction: Steam
Parts Used: Root, flowers and leaves
Aroma: Slightly spicy, warm woody and slightly sweet smell
The major chemical constituents are terpineol, caryophyllene, limonene, ethyl ester of p-methoxy cinnamic acid, sesquiterpenes and methyl paracumarine acetate, sitosterol and its glycoside.
Essential Oil Information
Ginger lily is a beautiful plant with orange and white colored flowers. This plant is native to tropical Asia and Himalayan mountains. These flowers have weighty sweet scent.
The oil is of thin viscosity with is dark amber or light brown in colour.
Benefits & Uses
- Used in treating diminished appetite, nausea, vomiting and inflammation
- Beneficial in the cure of asthma and interior injuries
- Used an antiseptic agent
- Treats liver problems, food indigestion and poor blood circulation
- Medicinal values for the cure of bronchitis
- Used in perfume formulations
- Used in hair oil to prevent baldness and hairfall
This type of oil is obtained through steam distillation of root, flowers and leaves of the ginger lily plant. Aroma of this oil is quite distinctive like exotically floral, lush aroma, soft sweet honey-like. These are used in oil burners and as a blending ingredient for adding pure essential oil essence to perfume, massage oil, bath salt, bath oil, and bath and shower gels.