Ginger Grass Oil
|Botanical Name||:||Cymbopogon martinii (sofia)|
|Common Name||:||Ginger grass essential oil|
|Plant Parts Used||:||Leaves|
|Extraction Method||:||Steam Distillation method|
|Color & Odor||:||Yellow to light brown liquid with a sharp, green scent with pepper and lemon undertones odor|
It is a perennial growing herbaceous plant having long slender stems with terminal flowering tops. The grass is the source of oil and is very fragrant.
Constituents & Specifications
Geraniol, farnesol, geranyl acetate, methylheptenone, citronellol, citral, dipentene and limonene.
Specific Gravity : 0.9100 – 1. 0100 @ 20 °C
Refractive Index : 1.4880 – 1.4940 @ 20 °C
Gingergrass oil is analgesic, anti-emetic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient, stimulant, stomachic, sudorific and tonic.
Benefits & Uses
- Provide relief from anxiety, tension, and headaches; while energizing property fights fatigue and provides revitalization. It strengthen mood when feeling low or stressed out.
- Gingergrass essential oil improves blood circulation and provides calmness.
- Gingergrass oil very effectively treats cold, cough, sinusitis, and throat allergies.
- In addition to this, ginger grass oil is the perfect treatment of sore muscles, inflammation, muscle or joint pains etc.
- Used in the treatment of sore muscles, inflammation, muscle or joint pains etc.